Customer behaviour is changing; the majority of our customers perform their transactions through online, digital or mobile banking.
More than 5.2 million customers now use our Mobile Banking application; we are investing in improving this further, recently decommissioning the previous Business Banking application, including Receipts functionality and enhancing the app to allow customers to view multiple business accounts against the same log in.
Change in customer behaviour also presents a risk, fraudsters are finding new ways to impersonate customer stakeholders and through scams relieve them of their hard earned money.
- On average a small business is a victim of four cyber crimes every two years
- Cyber crime costs each small business victim c.£3,000
- 93% of smaller firms have cyber crime security measures in place
Our keeping your business safe from scams presentation gives you the material to help:
- Gain insight about the impact of fraud, scams and cyber-crime on small businesses
- Learn what to look out for and how to prevent becoming a victim of fraud
- Hear how we can help you and your business stay safe, however you choose to bank with us
Please join Emma Miller, Business Growth Enabler and Alasdair Stewart, our Fraud Awareness Analyst to discuss #ScamAwareness with some helpful hints and tips to keep your business safe and secure.
We look forward to seeing you on the day.
This event is aimed at third sector organisations in Dundee raising awareness of scams and cyber security.
When: Monday 17 February
Time: 8.30am – 10.30am
Dundee Volunteer & Voluntary Action
7 Luna Place