Get involved with #CSW2020
You don’t need to be a cyber security expert to support Cyber Scotland Week. The Scottish Government are encouraging all organisations, large and small, across the country to consider hosting their own event. Share what you are doing online using #CyberScotWeek2020
There are three aims of Cyber Scotland Week 2020:
- Protection: Improving cyber resilience knowledge, behaviours, awareness and practice;
- Innovation: Showcasing innovative work happening across Scotland’s cyber sector;
- Skills and Careers: Promoting skills development and a career in cyber security
This is an opportunity for you to:
- upskill your workforce on being more cyber resilient
- showcase your organisation
- strengthen your relationship with your customers
- Raise understanding on how to be safe online
- Promote cyber security careers
Here are some ideas on ways that you can take part as an CSW2020 affiliate:
Be part of the conversation online and support CSW2020. Help to raise awareness of good cyber security messages – share our cyber resilience top tips. If you are part of a meet up/club/event/business, share what you are doing with us on social media using #CyberScotWeek2020 Make sure to tag us in any photos on Twitter @CyberResScot
Host an event for your audience only. For example, a session for staff in the workplace/local club
Host a larger event or activity which is open to the public to attend.
Interested in running your own event but stuck for ideas?
You could host a session on:
- Cyber Essentials (For Business / Charities) – Q&A/Panel Discussions/Presentation
- Cyber Security ‘Top Tips to Stay Safe Online’ – Research a security topic from NCSC/Get Safe Online and deliver it to a group. Choose a topic that’s important to you (e.g. Social Media Security, Password management, Shopping online, Data Privacy).
- Drop in sessions or stalls sharing good cyber security practice or promoting cyber security careers – this could be in-house to staff, at a library, school canteen.
- Host an event to showcase and celebrate to peers on what you are doing across the cyber industry and encouraging collaboration work – Guest speakers/Q&A/Panel Discussion/Presentations/Group meet ups
We have created some useful Resources later, view our Case Studies to help inspire your event.